With Star Wars Episode 7 : The Force Awakens releasing later this year in December, we are getting treated to a Star Wars Digital Re-Release. For everyone who doesn’t know, the only way you could have bought Star Wars previously was a hard copy of the discs, but now you can buy episodes 1-6 of Star Wars digitally April 10th.
“Since the debut of the first film nearly 40 years ago, Star Wars has become a worldwide phenomenon with legions of fans from every generation,” Alan Bergman, president, The Walt Disney Studios, said in a prepared statement. “It’s only fitting that audiences enjoy this legendary saga and its many fascinating behind-the-scenes stories on a wide variety of platforms, and we’re very excited to finally bring all six films to Digital HD for the first time.“
Each of these movies will have added bonus content, heres the full list of what each one contains:
Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Conversations: Doug Chiang Looks Back
- Discoveries From Inside: Models & Miniatures
- Legacy content includes “The Beginning”; The Podrace: Theatrical Edit; plus eight deleted scenes.
Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Conversations:Sounds In Space
- Discoveries From Inside:Costumes Revealed
- Legacy content includes “From Puppets To Pixels: Digital Characters In Episode II”; State Of The Art: The Previsualization Of Episode II; and “Films Are Not Released, They Escape”; plus Episode II Visual Effects Breakdown Montage and six deleted scenes.
Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Conversations: The Star WarsThat Almost Was
- Discoveries From Inside: Hologram & Bloopers
- Legacy content includes documentaries “Within A Minute: The Making Of Episode III”; The Journey Part 1; and The Journey Part 2; plus six deleted scenes.
Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope(20th Century Fox)
- Conversations: Creating A Universe
- Discoveries From Inside: Weapons & The First Lightsaber
- Legacy content includes “Anatomy Of A Dewback”; Star WarsLaunch Trailer; plus eight deleted scenes.
Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- Conversations: The Lost Interviews
- Discoveries From Inside: Matte Paintings Unveiled
- Legacy content includes “A Conversation With The Masters” (2010); “Dennis Muren: How Walkers Walk”; “George Lucas On Editing The Empire Strikes Back1979″; and “George Lucas On The Force: 2010”; plus six deleted scenes.
Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Conversations: The Effects
- Discoveries From Inside: The Sounds Of Ben Burtt
- Legacy content includes “Classic Creatures: Return Of The Jedi“; “Revenge Of The JediTeaser Trailer”; Return Of The Jedi Launch Trailer; “It Began TV Spot”; “Climactic Chapter TV Spot”; plus five deleted scenes.
The digital release for Star Wars isn’t the only Star Wars related thing we can expect this month, there’s also news about the unveiling of Star Wars BattleFront during an upcoming Star Wars Celebration event. The game has been quiet since its announcement at E3, but it is slated for release later this year in Fall, so expect to see some big stuff in the coming weeks.
You can buy the Star Wars Saga from numerous locations, for example on iTunes, Amazon, or Xbox Video. With all the bonus content, is it enough for you to re-buy the saga? Let me know in the comments below and for all your Star Wars news, keep it locked to FGE!